The fact that dental care is moving forward is no news and we at White are hooking on the modern train and introducing the modern dental control method which is almost invisible!
A discreet alternative to the classic and more old-fashioned tooth rack in metal, the so-called “rail”. Invisalign is adapted for all people’s different everyday lives and lifestyles as it is removable and made in transparent rails of special plastic. The system incrementally adjusts the teeth with a series of detachable and transparent plastic rails. The dental rails are custom made and replaced every two weeks. This causes the teeth to gradually move towards the desired end result.
When is it needed?
Invisalign has helped over four million people with dental problems.
Because the rails are specially made for your particular mouth, an experienced Invisalign dentist can treat complicated bite errors. Examples of these are:
• If you suffer from cross bites. This means that one or more teeth in the upper jaw bite inside the lower jaw teeth.
The consequences can then be that you get problems with the gums and bone breakdown as well as wear on the teeth.
• Sparsely between teeth means that there are large distances between the teeth which can very well lead to gum problems since the teeth are not protected in the same way. It can also lead to gum pockets and increase the risk of tooth loss.
• A deep bite can cause irritation to the gums, tear of the teeth in the lower jaw and pain in the jaw and jaw.
• Lower bite can easily cause wear on both front teeth and cheek teeth. The result is that the teeth do not work properly.
This can also cause jaw and jaw pain.
• When the teeth are too tight, it can get worse over time and the result can be oblique teeth. Depending on how tight the teeth are, this can cause plaque to accumulate, you get caries and the risk of getting gingivitis becomes much greater.
• If you have an open bite it can feel difficult and painful to chew, and in the worst case it can affect the speech. This in turn can lead to other concerns such as problems with the jaw joint.
How does it happen?
Invisalign customizes the rails for your teeth and needs. They are shaped in such a way that your teeth should be moved a little at a time.
You must first meet one of our tandläkare malmö who are certified to perform this type of dental procedure. We will then look at your teeth and you as a patient will be told about your expectations, wishes and needs and then be informed of the process and how we will proceed. Before you begin your Invisalign treatment, it is important that you have a regular dental examination. This is to be able to exclude caries infestation as in that case it must be corrected before starting treatment. X-rays, photos and prints will be taken of your teeth. After this is done, the prints are analyzed and you get to see your dentist again to go through a 3D model of what your results will be. The treatment can be started immediately after you have approved the model.
When preparing your rails, the goal is for the teeth to move to a new position in the jaw and a treatment can take between 2-18 months depending on the amount of adjustment that needs to be made. Usually a treatment lasts between 3-6 months.
You start with a rail, after 1-2 weeks you switch to other rails that differ slightly from the previous ones. Then you continue the process at the same rate, until you have gone through the whole series of rails and you get the result you want. The rails should be used almost every hour of the day, day or night. The only times you should remove the rails are when you eat, brush your teeth or use dental floss. Smoking is not recommended as this may cause discoloration in the rails. Chewing gum is also not recommended, as it can easily stick to the rails. You can easily clean the rails with lukewarm water.
This method is incredibly gentle on both your teeth and your gums as nothing that can cause irritation is attached to your mouth. It can hurt and tighten your teeth a little when changing the rails, but otherwise it is almost painless. When tenderness and tightness occur, it is a sign that the rails are working and that the teeth are pressed in the desired direction. Every 6 to 8 weeks you will visit us again and receive new rails.
After the treatment
When the treatment is complete and you have got the smile and the result you wanted, you will get a so-called “retainer” to keep your new smile.
The cost can vary depending on whether you are going to regulate one jaw or both. If you just want to make minor corrections, it can cost around SEK 30,000, while larger corrections can go up to SEK 50,000. When you meet your dentist you will receive a cost proposal and a personalized treatment plan.